Due to the shortage of referees and to encourage the scheduling of multiple games on a single field, for 2023 programs that schedule a single game will pay each referee an additional $10 for the single game.
This surcharge only applies when a program schedules a single game without a second game at the same field/location. The surcharge does NOT apply if a program schedules and plays two or more games and for any reason an official only works one of those games.
- The surcharge shall apply in any of the following circumstances: (see examples below)
- A game that was scheduled as a single game and played as a single game.
- Anytime a cancelation or change results in one game being played at a field/location.
Note: Any games scheduled more than 90 minutes apart are considered single games.
2. The surcharge does not apply: (see examples below)
- If a game is scheduled and played as two-game set including a 7v7 game, any official(s) working a single game are not entitled to the surcharge.
- If multiple games are assigned in a manner that has any official working a single game.
- If an official only works or accepts one game of a multiple game set.
- If a second game is added before gameday the surcharge no longer applies.
- Surcharge does not apply to any 7V7 games that pay $80
Note: The surcharge is payable when the normal game fee is paid.
Examples & clarification:
- This surcharge only applies when a program schedules or plays one game at a specific field. It does not automatically apply because an official only worked one game.
- If a program schedules and plays two or more games but for any reason an official(s) only work, one of these games the surcharge will NOT apply.
- If a program schedules two or more games but for any reason cancels game(s) leaving a single game the surcharge WILL apply.
- If an official accepts a game as a single game but a second game is added, the surcharge will not apply even if the original official(s) does not work the second game.
- If a program schedules a 4th grade 7v7 game at 6pm followed by another game at 7pm, the second official who works the second game will not receive the surcharge as the program did schedule two games.
- For a 4th through 6th grade 10v10 game scheduled as a single game the referees would be paid $75 each.
- For a 7th or 8th grade game scheduled as a single game the referees would be paid $85 each